Three little Monkeys

Three little Monkeys

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

You need some help with dat der tire????

My love of a southern accent..... Today, the little ones and I were walking, and Cole was riding his bike. It never fails in the same spot, Cole's training wheel starts to loosen. All of the sudden, it is completely loose and he falls over... (not to mention, he learned to ride with no training wheels a few months back. After a hard fall, he went back to his trainin wheels.... per his request.) A boy was passing by us and I hear him holler out.... "You need some help with dat der tire?????" I couldn't help but laugh. He didn't look familiar and our neighborhood isn't THAT big. I asked if he lived in the neighborhood. He said, "no mam, justa visitin.... I'm from Warsaw." I wanted to ask if his name was Opie, but he was too cute to pick on. AND,  I am pretty sure there are many who want to ask if my name is Opie when they hear me speak.

Cole was staring at this 8 or 9 year old boy as he wrestles with Cole's training wheel. He says, "mam, I think I know whats da problem here." I said, "well... please tell me, I really need the opinion of an expert like yourself ;)." He says, "mam, you got some cheap training wheels.... these types of training wheels are just made cheap. Dey don't really make good training wheels deese days." I had to contain myself from busting out laughing... He says, "mam, If I were you, I'd get dem training wheels like my diddy got me. You know, they have dat bar dat goes in between dem. Dey real good. I hate to tell you dat, but it's the problem for sure."

Needless to say, Cole was in tears when we walked away. He was upset that his daddy and I put cheap training wheels on his bike... after I tell Cole they aren't cheap training wheels, Cole turns around and shouts at the boy "HEY! MY MOMMY SAYS THEY AREN'T CHEAP!!!!!"

So, the next time your training wheels fall off, just know that if you need some help with dat der tire,.... your training wheels were probably just cheap. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment