Three little Monkeys

Three little Monkeys

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

STOP THE CLOCK!!!! and be thankful...

I was just slapped in the face with how fast time flies.... I decided today was the day to go through some of Sydney's clothes and pass them down... First of all, I am not sure what happened to all of her 18-24 month old clothes. Did they just disappear???? But... I was packing up many of her clothes and with each piece of clothing, I had a specific memory or picture that I remember... Although I am so thankful she is healthy and happy, it made me sad. Where did all of that time go?

I remember this one little outfit that was my favorite!!!! It was a 9 month outfit, and wasn't she just wearing it yesterday? It is a candy cane striped romper with a velvet green dress that went on top of it.. It has this BIG Christmas tree on it, and I remember when she used to sit there and try to pull the ornaments off of it... While I was going through her boxes, I laughed at how unorganized I am... ( a professional organizers dream!) I was pulling out some of Cole's stuff, and Prestons... The outside of the box says, Girls 18months- 24months.... NO, it was some 6 months, 9 months, 2T, 3T and many boy clothes as well. :)

I also saw a pair of Prestons green sweat pants.. They were my favorite. He was so cute wearing them... when did I pack those away??? Don't they fit him now???? Oh.... 9 months... far from a 2T. boo hoo.... As I was sorting through boxes, I pull one out that was filled with all of Cole's 3T clothes. As teared came to my eyes, I had to stop. My babies are growing up.... Where has all of this time gone? Why am I not appreciating my time more than I am???? Why are my days going by with out me making the most out of it? WAIT... Or is it just my memory? Regardless, I want time to stop sometimes and just enjoy the moment.

This brings me to being Thankful that I have all of these clothes and all of these memories to shead a tear over...

Psalm 118:28You are my God, and I will give you thanks; you are my God, and I will exalt you.

2 Corinthians 4:15
All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.

1Thessalonians 1:2
We always thank God for all of you, mentioning you in our prayers.

2 Corinthians 9:11You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.

Psalm 69:30
I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.

1 Corinthians 15:57
But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Psalm 118:19
Open for me the gates of righteousness; I will enter and give thanks to the LORD.

Jonah 2:9
But I, with a song of thanksgiving, will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good. Salvation comes from the LORD."

Thank you Lord for the many blessings you bestow on my family.. Thanks Jesus, and INKS from Preston....

No comments:

Post a Comment