Three little Monkeys

Three little Monkeys

Friday, August 12, 2011

There's no place like home, There's no place like home.... say it toto... Toto???

Even though Fuquay is our "home", for me, there is no place like home. Like your mama and daddy's house. It doesn't even matter if the house they are in is or isn't the same one you grew up in. It also doesn't even matter if they live in the same town.....Both apply to me, but still... There is no place like home.

Coming to Greenville brings a since of Joy to me. My parents live here, my sister and her family lives here, I went to college here, I have friends still here. All of that is usually combined into a 2 day trip, and I usually don't get past mom and Shannon's.... but the thought that I could is great.....

Coming home means someone else cooking, and it is food that I really love. It means having my back scratched and my head and feet rubbed. It means breaking all the rules for the kids bath and bed times and they usually get as much sugar as they want... There's no place like home. The kids love all of mimi's toys, they love seeing their cousins, they even love seeing the little dogs that aren't real fond of them.

Our trips aren't always smooth. Such as this mornings trip. After having to go to the doctor for Cole and Syd due to a cough and a fever last night,  It took about 2 hours to pack 3 kids for a 2 day trip. The 2 hours consisted of picking out clothes and packing them and then realizing the suitcase is thicker than it had started out, so then you spend about 20 minutes unpacking all of the fleece PJ's and sweatshirts the kids put in the suitcase because they "REALLY NEED THEM MOMMY!!!" then after packing, you realize that you spent too long packing so the kids have taken apart the rest of the house. As you straighten up the rest of the house, you realize they have re packed their bags... and so on and so forth... you get my point. After finally getting in the car, Preston falls asleep and 5 minutes into the trip, a little voice in the pack says "I HAVE TO PEE!!" Really??? You didn't have to pee 5 minutes ago. So, in order not to wake up the baby, I go back home for a bathroom break.... But still.... their is no place like home...... About 5 minutes before it is time to exit, another voice from the back screams..." I HAVE TO POOP NOW!!!" , so like a good mother, I pull of 5 minutes before we are at our destination, because for goodness sakes, don't do it in your pants! That would be another hour!

We arrive and the the dog, Dodger (who I referred to as TOTO) slips out the door into an unfamiliar place.... oh no..... DODGER!!!!! But still, there is no place like home. :)

How happy it makes me to be home isn't even describable. (did I spell that right??) I love it here. I love having my parents. I love my happy place.... and my babies, they love it too! There is no place like home!

No comments:

Post a Comment