Three little Monkeys

Three little Monkeys

Friday, August 19, 2011

Friends

According to the Online Dictionary, a friend is- A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts. I guess this is pretty accurate, but I need a different way to describe a particular "friend". I wanted to blog about her because she really means so much to me.... Her name is Olivia....

Let me say before I start that I have many really good friends. I could probably write a blog about each one of them, but today, it is Olivia. She really truly defines the real meaning of a friend. She has never once in the past 25 years I have know her swayed even the slightest from being my friend.

I met her when I was in the 5th grade. We were in the same class and I really really liked her from the beginning. She was new to our school, but I had been friends with others who had known her or lived near her before the 5th grade. But she became my "friend" in the 5th grade.

All of the things that define Olivia- She is caring, trustworthy,  honest, selfless, giving, inspiring, truthful, talented, smart, funny, beautiful... I could really go on.... When I look back on our friendship, I can't ever point out a time that she ever once turned her back on me or didn't include me. She always made me apart of everything she did. Most importantly, she introduced me to Christ. She was always the little angle on my shoulder saying, "hmmmmm, is that the right thing to do???" She always invited me to Church camp with her in the summer, and I always knew when I walked in her house her mom would ask me if I had been to Church. Olivia is that friend that no matter how long it has been since you have talked or seen each other, there is no awkwardness....

One thing I have always appreciated about Olivia is she has never judged me. She may ask if I thought certain things were right, but she never judged me. She always shared the truth, but always loved me no matter what... Anytime I have had troubles in my life, she has been there to talk to and pray for me.. Anytime I have every had successes in my life, she has been my biggest Cheerleader. She always supports me with no jealousy and no judgment. That is a friend...

I have called Olivia ALOT in the past 3 years. Anytime I need professional advice, I know I can call her and she always has me in her best interest. Just recently, I have decided to pursue a few dreams of my own. Knowing this is a time in my life where I can either act on it or let it pass by.... Who did I call? Olivia. I know she has so much Biblical wisdom. I shared with her some things that others have mentioned as concerns.... She ALWAYS brings it back home. She always brings it back to where it all matters. The best Advice has come from her. This time it was, Kendall, The only ones you answer to is God and your husband. Other than that, no one. Don't let anyone else make you feel like you are not making a good decision. If God has laid it on your heart, then that is what you do..... All it really took was hearing Olivia tell me that. Sometimes I get too wrapped up in making sure it is right instead of knowing if my gut says it is, that is all that matters...

Olivia- I knew when we put our picture in the Year Book with the Lyrics to Michael W Smith's Friends song, we would be friends forever.... although I laugh because that song was referring to a friend that had passed, and we were just going to college. :) But you will be my friend forever because the Lord's the Lord of us! Love you friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment