Three little Monkeys

Three little Monkeys

Monday, August 15, 2011

Letting Go.....

Before I actually start writing about what I really came to write about, I have to share something cute about my kids. This morning I went to let out a friends dog. When I got home (45 mins later) my kids came running to me as if they hadn't seen me all day! It was pretty refreshing and a quick reality check of my blessings.... Cole was so proud to tell me he had slept in his bed all night (as if I didn't sleep here last night to already know :) ), he also couldn't wait to tell me he had already brushed his teeth.... Sydney comes around the corner to show me how proud she was that she had already put her clothes on with out anyones help.... I guess she doesn't remember that everday she changes clothes about 3-4 times with out anyones help :). BUT I was so proud of her. As soon as Preston sees they are getting attention, he breaks right through them to make sure he is noticed! Love them!!!

Today was Sydney's first day of dance class. She did so good. I loved watching her through the window in the waiting room. Preston of course cried when she went into class. As if he was going to be nice to her if she were out there playing with him.... After dance, we went to the park with a friend.... what a beautiful day, and what a blessing that I am able to do these things...

So, to get to the purpose of the blog today.... Letting Go... Do you know what is next? Yep, and LETTING God. The main word here is LET....

Yesterday we were in Greenville and went to Church with my sister. I love going to her Church. Her preacher is amazing. He captures your attention immediately and always gives a salvation message...It was funny that his message yesterday was exactly what I have had on my heart. That is Letting Go and Letting God.... For me, why does it have to be so hard with certain things. I mean really, I have let go of so much. Ask Chad! When he met me, I was an independent-outspoken-in control-don't tell me what to do kinda girl. I could do ANYTHING a man could do, and probably better. My Daddy taught me well. He taught me how to work and save my money, he taught me how to mow grass, and put things together and take things apart and to not be afraid of work. I have never been afraid to be alone or do things for myself. I mean.... that's what I did best.... After getting married, we combined our bank accounts.... THAT for me was Letting Go. Do I really have to let go of anything else? ok..... So we start tithing as God asks us to do, and I LET GO..... do I have to let go of anything else? I let my husband be in charge of our finances.... Kendall... Is that you? I really don't recognize you??? OK I let that Go and followed God's plan for finances.... do I have to let go of anything else???? Really! I became a stay at home mom in December.... Surely I have let go of enough.....

Well, not really. The funny part of it all is I would have thought all of this would have made me miserable... Far from it. I have experienced more joy since following God's plan... so far... But there is more to go... So my question is, if I have Let Go of all of these things and trusted God and his plan and I have experienced more joy than I have ever had in my life, then why is it so hard to keep letting go??? The proof is in the pudding... It is called FLESH! It is called being human....

Galatians 5:16- (NLT) LET the Holy Spirit Guide your life, then you won't do what your sinful nature craves...... This is why. Because we all have a sinful nature, it is called our FLESH.  So why is it hard to live by the Spirit's Power? Because of the flesh....

Galatians 5:16-21-  17 The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, so you are not free to carry out your good intentions. 18 But when you are directed by the Spirit, you are not under obligation to the law of Moses.
19 When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Based on my life, what else do I need to give up? Probably the same thing that is hard for others to give up. Of all of these results.... QUARRELING, JEALOUSY, OUTBURST OF ANGER, SELF AMBITION.... how many times does Chad walk in and I bark at him for doing or saying something wrong? How many times do my kids do something that I don't agree with and I huff and puff or shake my head and scream STOP in a negative voice? Back to being a stay at home mom... I have had numerous calls about going back to work with great companies and making great money! Not that a woman working is a sin... IT is not.... but for me I know my calling right now is to be home. It is what God has planned for me and my children. To go against his plan would be sinful and SELFISH AMBITION hmmmm... so hard.... JEALOUSY... wow this one can be strong and hard to face. How many times do you wish you had what someone else had?  So many of these.... They have to be LET Go of and Let God....

I have had such PEACE in the past 3 years. All of the changes I have made in my life, Allowing my husband to lead our family, letting go of material things, Praying for my husband to make the right decisions and to follow God's plan... And believe me, when you pray for this, GOD SHOWS UP.... I have alot more to work on. It doesn't just end with being PRIDEFUL that I have done these things... You have a long way to go Kendall... But praise God I am willing to keep going.... Just do it Kendall. Let Go and Let God!

No comments:

Post a Comment