Three little Monkeys

Three little Monkeys

Saturday, August 20, 2011

The giggles of 3....

Yesterday brought me and the kids so many giggles... How blessed I am! We really didn't have much on the schedule. Just the usually, dropping off at school, taking walks, playing with play dough and coloring, making the beyblades crash into each other, running errands and picking back up from school..... BUT it doesn't take much around here to keep us in stitches.... counting my little blessings, because my cup overflows...

It all starts with the amount of times Sydney changes clothes... Many people have said, "that would drive me crazy! I would put a stop to it!" OHHHH... go fly a kite! It is hilarious. She always dresses herself first thing in the morning, so proud of what she puts on. A couple of times through out the day she will end up in some long pants and a sweat shirt. She tells me she likes being hot. Then she will put on tennis shoes and socks and get down the stairs and say her feet are COLD, so she takes them off and puts on her flip flops.... Sure it creates a lot of laundry, but most of the time she changes and put what she had on back into her draw, so you never even knew it was out. :) I like to assume she will be a fashionista in her adult life....

Sydney will boss Preston around  and you will hear him screaming NOOOOOOO all morning. She picks him up, she drops him... he laughs... with his belly. He loves it! Cole takes his PJ's off and will walk around with just his underwear on for a while. When I tell him to put his clothes on 75 times, he will say, "sorry mommy. I keep telling my brain to do it, and my Brain keeps telling me not to." Sorry... I think that is funny. I used to be so uptight, and still can be, but who really cares and what does it hurt? That is my new motto. Choose your battles, If it doesn't hurt anyone, that one is no longer a battle.

We had to drive Chad's truck yesterday because someone hit me in the carpool line and Chad had my car getting an estimate.... On our way to pick Cole up from school, Syd said she wanted to watch a movie. I told her daddy didn't have a DVD player in his car... She was serious and said, "Mommy, daddy isn't working... He is sitting in the back of your car watching a movie!" I could only imagine it. :)

After dinner, the kids and I went to Dairy Queen and this is where our giggles were loud. First, we walk in and the people in front of us WON'T move up, so Cole cuts in front of them. He looks up at the man and says, "you weren't moving.." I probably should have told him it was rude, but hey, he was right.... We get our Ice Cream and go outside to eat. I take a few bites and I realize my banana split blizzard has no bananas or strawberries... Sydney decides she is going to go in and get my bananas and strawberries because "that's not right mommy! they shouldn't do that to you!" So glad I have a fighter in the group! The night goes on from Cole telling me "that nice Chinese lady has a nice Conmyrtle (convertible)" to Preston trying to kill flies with his spoon, Sydney saying, "don't drink all of my sprite" over and over again like rain man.... Cole tells me story about a a boy at school that stinks named David that later I learned didn't even exist and he thought that was a great joke to tell... and Preston "inks" me while crying for throwing away his melted ice cream...

All of these giggles are a typical day in our house... sometimes they go un-noticed... shame on me. Sometimes I am so worn out from a day of trying to keep the giggles from turning into tears, that I forget to stop and enjoy them... Up until December, when I quit working outside of the home, I missed alot of those giggles... BUT I would always get a playback from Debbie as to how these giggles happened, who laughed, who cried, and who laughed again... she appreciated the giggles..... I am learning to slow down and enjoy those giggles too, because they sure are funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment