Three little Monkeys

Three little Monkeys

Sunday, August 28, 2011

His Heart Is Pure

On Friday night, August 26th, 2011 my precious Cole decided it was time.... We were sitting at the dinner table, just He, Syd, Preston and myself talking about what ever came up.... Last Sunday our Awana's program at Church started back for the new semester. Cole is so proud, he is a SPARK! When we picked him up, he couldn't wait to tell me the verse he learned... For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life... John 3:16. Now, for those of you who know Cole (or even me, because I talk about him all of the time) would say, of course he can remember that! He is smart! BUT when he said it, I thought, That is really good because it is really long. So, I pulled out the little book that they gave him and started to read it. It is a little story about SPARK getting lost in the dark. It goes on to talk about God sending his son to die for our sins, and how we couldn't take the punishment for ourselves... It goes into depth about trusting Jesus to be our Lord and Saviour.... I thought, how cute.... maybe this planted a little seed... I wasn't really prepared for the seed it planted.

Back to Friday night.... Cole asks me a few questions about heaven. I thought it was just his curiosity. Every morning, we pray as a family before Chad leaves for work. Cole says to me, Mommy... In the morning, does daddy ask Jesus in his heart when we pray. I said, no, Daddy asked Jesus in his heart a long time ago. But every morning Daddy ask Jesus to keep us safe and he thanks him for coming into our heart. Cole ask me a few more questions about people who don't ask Jesus in their heart. I wasn't really sure where to go with this one since he is only 5, soon to be 6. So, I kind of steered away from the question and tried to change the subject. Cole brings the subject right back. He ask me why some people don't ask Jesus in their heart. I explained to him that not all people go to Church and many choose to live a different life than Jesus wants us to live.... In a really serious voice, kind of low, he says, "Mommy.... I really want to ask Jesus into my heart... can I?" I nearly choked on my food. I was thinking, "does he know what he is asking???, does he understand yet???? Then I thought, how dare me question this. It is his little heart and when he is ready, I can't take that away from him.

I proceeded to tell Cole, you can ask Jesus in your heart when ever you are ready. You don't have to do it until you are ready and understand what it means. He tells me he understands what it means. It means that Jesus dies on the cross for our sins, and a sin is when we do something against the way God wants us to do it and when we ask him into our hearts, we are choosing to love Jesus. With tears in my eyes, I asked him if he wanted to do it right then. I could do it with him.... He says, No mommy. I want to wait for Daddy. He prays with us everyday, and I know he wants to hear it too.... Oh my sweet boy... I can't even begin to explain how much his honestly touches me, touches our family.... From the day I found out I was pregnant with him, I always knew he would be who he is. I loved him the moment I found out I was pregnant with him, as much as I love him now. Don't get me wrong, I love my other two this much as well, but I will save that for another blog....

So, Chad gets home and you can tell all night it has been on his mind. A few times I would ask him what he was thinking about and he would say, just Jesus mommy. We laid down for bed and he started his little prayer..... Lord, thank you for everything we have and everything we need.... Lord, will you please come into my heart????? And continued to bless the entire family..... Little does he know, he really blessed me.... I am laying there and I am thinking to my self, one day when we all die, he has assured me he will be heaven right there beside me and Chad......

You know, some people won't understand this, some will kind of understand, but not think it is as big of a deal as I know it to be.....and some will say he was just too young to understand... I say, you don't know my Cole and you don't know his heart... Jesus works in mysterious ways... I believe he has big plans for my praying warrior who doesn't eat a meal with out blessing it and doesn't close his eyes with out thanking God for putting us here and all together... His little heart is so pure... He has so much love for us, for his friends and for Jesus....

I know we may be different than a lot of families. I  have had friends, and co-workers ask me why I don't do some of the "social norms." This is why I don't.... It isn't because I think they are bad for doing the "social norms" or because I think I am too good because my Love for Jesus is better than theirs... Not at all... This is why I choose to live the way that I live. Our Children watch everysingle thing that we do... We have taught our children to pray in our house more than the normal blessing our food or saying the now I lay me down to sleep. We have taught them to trust Jesus in everything that they do. To pray about things before they are done. We have a weekly Bible Study in our home and our children see us opening up our house for others to learn about Jesus... These seeds are planted.. It doesn't matter how old they are... 2,3 or 5. They see you, they watch you, they mimic our every move. They want to be just like us... how could I choose to live any differently than I long for them to be???


2 comments:

  1. We are rejoicing right along with you. What an amazing step in his journey with the Lord! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendall - I just read this and it made my heart so happy!! Sweet Cole!! I got saved when I was 3, and I can remember it to this day... ~ Cole knew the answers to the questions, he understands! The Lord is going to use him and his precious, pure heart! What a gift God has given you by assuring you of Cole's eternity!!

    ~ Stephanie

    ReplyDelete