Three little Monkeys

Three little Monkeys

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sassy Sister.....

My Sydney... what more do I need to say... She is the light of most of my days.... the things that come out of her mouth are so comical. Although some may think they are a little disrespectful, I still have to laugh at her...

Everyday is full of many one liners. Anyone who reads my facebook status updates saw just a few from yesterday. She is relentless. She is so strong willed and independent. She wants to do everything by herself while talking to you 100 miles a minute. She already knows everything, yet has so many questions. Her heart is so big and loves everybody and everything...

Last night, we rented a movie called Hachi. It is about a man who found a dog at a train station. Later in the movie, the man is rubbing the dog and stands up because he daughter comes outside to tell him she is pregnant. When he stands up, the dog doesn't follow him.  I look over and Sydney is balling. I said, "Syd, what is wrong?" She says, "something is wrong with that doggy! he won't follow his dad!" She was so heart broken... I said, "Sydney, he is ok." She turns around and looks at me and says, "just stop! You don't know what you are talking about!" oh Sydney... Then later the movie was even more sad, and she started crying again and said, "mommy, just turn it off. I can't watch anymore!"

Another thing she said last night... I told her not to go outside because there could be snakes in the back yard. She asked me what their names were. I told her I wasn't sure. She says, then they aren't back there if you don't know. She is so serious with what she says. 

This morning we went to Church and when I picked her up from her class, I said "Syd, did you have a great time!" She says, noooooo. I don't like that teacher anymore! She told me to be quite!" I asked her if she was talking when she wasn't supposed to be talking and she tells me she was JUST talking. I asked what she said when the teacher told her to be quite. She says, "I said YOU BE QUITE!" Obviously this is disrespectful, so I said SYDNEY! You can not talk to adults like that. She says, she isn't an adult Mommy, she is a teacher.(which PS, I found out later she did NOT say that to the teacher. She said she was sorry to the teacher!) ohhhh Sydney.

After Church we came home to get ready for the big train ride.... I was cleaning the kitchen while Chad was "watching" the kids. I hear him say, SYDNEY! What are you doing???? Her reply???? GOOD! I knew something was up, so I went in the den and realized she was upstairs in the bathroom.... CUTTING HER HAIR! AND Barbies hair. Barbie got the worst of it, but boy it wasn't pretty!!!! What do we do with this strong willed child! I said WHAT ARE YOU DOING????? With a real serious look, she says, "cutting my hair..." I told her she looked like she had a mullet.... Her response? "I like Mullets."

This is just a small glimpse of my day with this independent, strong willed, cutie patootie, Pookie Bear..... I hope she never lets anyone walk all over her and I am pretty sure she will always be the Sassy Sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment