Three little Monkeys

Three little Monkeys

Sunday, September 25, 2011

I love to call you my friend....

Girls weekend!....
Friends... we have friends we grew up with, we have friends from high school, we have friends from college, we have friends from our neighborhood, from our children's school, from our Church, friends from work..... I love my friends. Most people who know me, they know I cherish my friendships and I put an extra effort into making sure I do all I can as a friend.

This weekend, me and 3 girl friends from college had our 1st annual Girls Beach Weekend! :) We have already planned out our next 5 years. I enjoyed every minute of it. In the past 5 years (since Cole was born) I haven't ever had a weekend just for myself. I thought I was dreaming for a split second. Me and these girls have so many many memories from college and BOY did we ever recount everyone of them this weekend. It was wonderful!

I met Brooke my freshman year of college. We instantly bonded and have had a close relationship ever since that first day. With her came her 2 best friends from high school Ragan and Catherine. Not always do these type of situations work out where everybody likes each other, but we did. I loved hanging out with them. We always made the most of our nights in college. We experienced ALOT together and in the dorms we were each others home away from home. We stayed friends all through college, and no matter what other separate friends we had or groups we became a part of, we still shared a special bond.

Our time together this weekend is forever cherished. We had such a good time staying up all night just talking. Talking about our faith, our families, our lives, the good the bad the ugly and the wonderful! We relaxed, went out for dinner and just really enjoyed our time together. It is funny how as you grow older and more mature, the things you appreciate change. 10 years ago, we would have planned a weekend of going out and partying and packed with too many things to do. Here we are 10 years later and for us fun was not having anyone ask us to do anything for them and just hanging out.

Brooke, Ragan and Catherine... Thank you for sharing your weekend with me. Thank you for being my friends.....

No comments:

Post a Comment