Three little Monkeys

Three little Monkeys

Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Busy Week For the babies.... and oh my littlest baby....

This has been a really busy week...Labor Day Monday, First Day of Pre-school for Sydney and Preston was Tuesday, Wednesday we took a trip to SC to visit my grandmothers grave, Thursday was their second day of pre-school, Saturday is t-ball practice and Sunday, well Sunday is my baby boys 2nd birthday....


Preston, how are you almost 2? Do you even know what kind of blessing you have been to us? If there were even words to tell you how in love I am with you, I would be talking all night. You are "The Big Surprise" and on a daily basis continue to be full of surprises. I can't imagine my life with out my baby boy.... God knew what he was doing when he surprised us with you


Your story went a little like this.... August 24th, 2008 your daddy and I proclaimed our faith in Jesus Christ... boy did we ever need it. We didn't know how much we would need to lean on him in the up coming months.... Sydney was 5 months old in August.... In December (the 16th to be exact) I had knee surgery... Sydney at this point was only 8 months old..... The doctors of course always ask, "is there a possibility you could be pregnant?" I clearly remember thinking, "if the answer was yes, I would need to be asked if I had a brain!" NO of course I'm not pregnant. I have an 8 month old baby at home... They perform surgery and to this day, my knee is like new :) Never once did I think twice about answering that question.


February 7th Sarah was having a bon fire at her house for our Sunday School class. I was trying to decide what I was going to wear. I slipped on my jeans (the ones you always wear when all else fails) and I went to button them and they were REALLY snug..... Huh? how did that happen? I just wore these.. First thing out of Chad's mouth was, you aren't pregnant are you? NO I'm not pregnant. I mean, how could I be pregnant.....of course I'm not pregnant...... So, that afternoon I decide, let me just take a test to get that out of the way and Monday I will start my diet.... Ring Ring, Hello... Chad? uh yea? I'm pregnant.... WHAT! You're WHAT? I look down and in CRAWLS Sydney.... OH.MY.GOODNESS. I already have a baby.... Chad immediately says to me, "that makes me so happy! Why are you crying?" Well, because Sydney just CRAWLED in the bathroom... She can't even walk yet!


Rewind to the weekend before this... Chad and I had talked about the whole do we want more than 2 kids? We were a little indecisive and decided we would pray about it. If God wanted us to have another baby, then he would give us peace about it. We weren't getting any younger and had decided if we were going to try for number 3, it would be soon after Sydney turned 1.... Well, God pushed it up a few months for us....


The best part of the story is I make my appointment at the doctor. They see me the next week... The nurse says, how many weeks do you think you are? Very dumbfounded I answer, I have no clue. I am going to guess 4? But I just had surgery so I am not sure how it would even be 4. I just don't know.... We do the ultra sound and I look up... I almost came off of the table. The Nurse says, "honey, this baby already has arms and legs... you are 11 weeks pregnant!" WHAT! How? You are kidding me???


The day I found out I was pregnant, even through the tears, I loved you. I knew you were the answer to the prayers your daddy and I had prayed about. Little did we know God had answered the prayers much sooner than we had asked. This is proof that God goes BEYOND the BEYOND. You have been an amazing blessing to this family that I like to believe has been completed.


When you were born, Sept 11th, the doctor says, "IT"S A BOY!!!" Your daddy looks at me with tears running down his face and says, "Cole is going to be so happy!" and yes he was and has continued to be. From that moment, you and I have had a connection no one else will ever experience. I knew you would be exactly who you are... You have always been a Mama's boy. You have always held tight to me no matter what... Your beautiful blue pouty eyes look up at me and my heart melts. Every little thing about you is perfect. The way you says MaMA really loud makes my heart melt, the way you rub my face when you hold me, the way you rub your cheek against mine when we say your prayers, The way you kiss me when you think I am hurt, the way you look at me when I pick you up after not seeing you for just a few hours... All of these things melt my heart...


You are going to be 2 years old in just a few days. Where have these past 2 years gone? You are already such a big boy going to pre-school where they say you love to hold on to the basketball.... You are a perfect little angel Preston. Your sister and brother adore your every move. Cole misses you when the two of you are apart and Sydney is always thinking about you and how she can make you happy.... You are just Perfect....


I have been told that everyone needs a girl because they are the ones that continue to love you when you are old.... I can tell everyone this.... I am so happy I have my girl because she is my mini me and my little side kick. But, I say everyone needs both.... The day you choose your wife over me, I will be able to take a look back and say, I taught you well. well done my baby boy..... Your love for her will be a result of the love you and I have today.... And I also like to believe (just like Cole has promised me) that you will still love me, hug me and kiss me.... Even when you are 40.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment