Three little Monkeys

Three little Monkeys

Monday, October 17, 2011

Wrong Worship

After listening to the most recent video I shared on Facebook titled "Wrong Worship" (the link is below) it really made me think.... I remember so well a little over 3 years ago being in that EXACT place in my life. I would go to Church maybe 1 Sunday every 2 months, and I would leave and say to myself... I am going to try and get back next Sunday. I would feel so good after going and by Monday morning.... well, I had pretty much forgotten what was said or how I felt.... It was an inconvenience to "find time" to go to Church. I had too much going on... Chad worked alot... Cole really wouldn't like the nursery..... excuse after excuse after excuse... Thinking the excuses would make it all go away....

All I can say now is Thank you Lord for your Mercy and your Grace. I think to myself, WHAT IF God would have made the same amount of time for me that I made for him?.... And not only WHAT IF HE WOULD HAVE, but WHAT IF HE DID NOW TOO?.... I thank God for Chad. I thank God for giving me a husband that when he makes a decision, he sticks to it. There is no question as to "are we going to Church  this Sunday???" Or a time where we go like "good" Christians and then fall back into bad habits because I like to make my own decisions instead of following what God wants me to do.  I know myself well enough to know when I accepted Christ 3 years ago, I needed someone to keep me in check. If I didn't have that,  I would gone to  Church when it was "convenient" which would have been when I wasn't busy traveling to different places, staying up late partying like it's 1999, or just because Cole wouldn't sit through it... In other words, I would have been a back slider singing the "Wrong Worship" song...

I am so far from being a Perfect Christian, which is why I can still relate to the "Wrong Worship" song. There are times I just don't feel like Obeying. Instead of getting into the Word, I want to watch the DVR'd X-Factor or Pan AM! Instead of praying when I wake up, I want to jump in the shower before everyone wakes up and have time to get some things done... Instead of praying at night, I sometimes just want to go to sleep because I am so exhausted.... Instead of doing a circle of prayer with Chad in the mornings, I sometimes just want to get the kitchen clean from breakfast....

This leads me to really think.... What if God did the same to me.... What if he didn't feel like blessing me with my health today because he was too busy blessing the ones who gave him their all? What if he didn't feel like keeping my children healthy because I was too busy abusing my own body? What if he didn't feel like blessing our family with an income because he was too busy blessing the ones who weren't being greedy? What if..... what if.... what if.......???? And we still choose to do what we "feel like doing"..... I could be selfish and say, you know what.... I am tired of not doing the things I did in my past. I had fun, I didn't hurt anyone, I am a good person.... and I am saved now anyway, so I am not going to hell..... I am going to look up and say God, Thanks.... But No thanks..... I will deal with it when it is my time to do so..... I could do that....... Thank God I choose not to.... Because it is a choice. It is a personal choice we all struggle with everyday.... When deciding what I will or won't  partake in, I ask myself 2 questions.... 1. Could I witness to someone by doing what ever it is I am about to do? Could I be an image of Jesus Christ and draw others to him???? and 2. Do I want my children to be like me? Or do I expect more from them? They will be exactly who I am.... I can't say "do as I say, not as I do".... Or will I? I thank God that my desires have changed.

Oh Lord, I pray that others will see the "wrong worship" song and think to themselves.... Is This Me? And I pray you deal with their hearts like you did mine...
http://www.firstorlando.com/Ministries/Support_Ministries/Music_Worship/Resources.aspx

1 comment:

  1. Preach, girl! That's some great stuff right there! I may just have to "borrow" some of it for my own blog--with permission, of course!

    Hope you have an amazingly blessed birthday and maybe we'll see you tonight!

    ReplyDelete