Three little Monkeys

Three little Monkeys

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Birthdays

This past month has been filled with birthdays. Friends, family, animals, mine and Chad's. I have been thinking a lot lately.... What is a birthday? The dictionary describes it as the annual day of one's birth. But I disagree. I think beside the word birthday, it should have balloons, a cake, friends, family and pictures of good times. That is always what a birthday was to me when I was growing up. Some say, oh it's just another day.... Well, you are very wrong if you say that. A birthday is a day you make someone feel special and celebrate them being born. I think it is a day you should let that person know how grateful you are for them and what they mean to you..... Today is Chad's birthday,  and I know he felt the love of his friends and family. And I let him know specifically how grateful I am that he was born...

 All of the above is the "earthly" birthday we celebrate. Where I have put my thoughts are the other "birthdays" we should celebrate. August 24th, 2008 is the day Chad and I both accepted Christ and became "born again" Christians. We absolutely acknowledge this day each year, but next year I think we will really celebrate. I am going to get balloons and a cake, and maybe even have a party. This is the "birthday" I am the most grateful for. This is the day God wrote my name in the book of life. This is the day that I felt peace over me knowing I made the decision to accept Christ as my Savior and saved a spot for me in heaven..This my friend..... is a day to celebrate...

Another "birthday" to celebrate are the one's that are probably the hardest to celebrate. That day would be the day the ones we know that accepted heaven as their home and have already entered the Pearly gates. You know there was a party when they arrived. Jesus probably greeted them while the Angels were singing.... I think I will start to celebrate those days as well....

I recently started reading a blog my sister told me about http://byrdhouse-byrdsnest.blogspot.com
after many many tears and heartbreak, I realized they will celebrate too. What an amazing faith in God this family has. Her faith is unshakable through out the storm. I pray I too could be so strong.

All of these days are considered "birthdays," and I am ready to celebrate them all....

Below are some pictures my friend April Fraley did for me.... They were a gift to Chad for his birthday....




No comments:

Post a Comment