Three little Monkeys

Three little Monkeys

Sunday, July 28, 2019

New Beginnings

It is 10pm, and I have just finished packing lunches, and getting all the things ready for school tomorrow. We are heading into some new beginnings for all of the little Triplett's. Tomorrow is the first day of school for Cole, Sydney, and Preston. Tate starts school on Thursday for half of a day and full time on Monday. This will be Sydney's first day of Middle School, it will be the first day that Cole gets to enjoy having his sister with him at Middle School, it will also be the first day that Preston has ever been in school without his sister. Although this week will also be Tate's first day of kindergarten, there will be three days when Preston is at school as the only Triplett child. :) But have no fear- Tate will roll in on Thursday and they won't forget what hit them.

How has the time gone by so fast? How is it time for Sydney to go to middle school? How is it time for Tate to go to kindergarten? How am I not 29 anymore? How How How? I have thought about so much today. I was folding clothes and every item I picked up, I thought, "thank you Lord for giving me these children." I have talked about this in the past, but I am really bad at counting down things and knowing how much time we have left together. So, of course, I started wondering about all of the things I have gotten wrong or right, and I just pray that they take the "right" things with them as they enter those doors and meet new friends. I also pray that their teachers see in them the same things I know about all four of them and these are just a few-

He is an amazing brother, she is as beautiful on the inside as she is the outside, he always wants to show you his best, he is super competitive, he is genuine, she is the best friend, he is sensitive, he is always listening, he is a people pleaser, she is an overthinker, he is determined, he is energetic, he is responsible, she is sociable, he is thoughtful, he is assertive, he is calm, she is artistic, he is articulate, he is fearless, he is strong, she is devoted, he is courageous, he is spunky, he is understanding, she is dependable, he is wise, he is engaging, he is who gave me life when he was born, she is who brings me up when I feel down, he is who makes me laugh when I am not sure I can laugh anymore, and he is who gives me compliments when I don't feel like there are any to receive. They are all amazing and wonderful and perfect for me. I look at each and every one of them and just thank God for choosing me to be their Mom. I pray that their friends and teachers will see all of these wonderful traits in them. I pray they appreciate them as much as I do.

I will always be their biggest fan. I will always be there to remind them they are fearfully and wonderfully made. I will always need them as much as they need me. But on this day of first, I will send them off and anxiously await their return to hear about their new normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment