Three little Monkeys

Three little Monkeys

Thursday, May 23, 2019

The End of an Era- and I'm Not Crying...

Ok, Ok, so maybe I am just a little bit... but honestly, I am digging deep for these emotions. Don't think I am a bad parent because of this, instead know I am just being really real.

It is graduation time for Tate. He is the last baby Triplett in this house that will walk the halls of Pleasant Grove Baptist MMO, which is by far the best MMO program on this side of Wake County. He will be off to kindergarten in a few short months, and I will miss the little stinker. I will miss our short 15 minutes together between dropping off Sydney and Preston. I will miss running in at 1pm to see his little face smiling back at me and saying, "MAMA!" I will miss walking in and hearing, "Hey Tater Tot!" I will miss him coming home and telling me he got in trouble today, but it wasn't his fault. He didn't say any of those words..... I will miss it all,  but...... it is time. Maybe not time for him,  but it is time for this Era of my life to move forward.




We have been at this preschool thing for about 13 years.  I remember when I was little, my mama would say things like, "honey, I am too old to have long hair." Or "I would be too old to try and start a new job." Or, the one I relate to the most now is, "I am older than all of  those young mom's."  I used to think she was crazy when she would make all of these comments. I also thought she was crazy when she would look in the mirror and do lip exercises or act like she was pulling her skin up on her face and laugh and say, "I think I need a face lift!" Sorry for calling you out, Mama. But I get it now. Being 42 with a 13 year old, 11 year old, 9 year old and a 5 year old, I am ready to see what is next in this life of ours. I don't want to miss out on all the joys of having a 5 year old, so that is why I am excited we are moving along from pre-school and on to kindergarten.


One thing I have learned about myself is I am really really good at counting away the days. I can sit here now and think, "when Cole is 15, Tate will be 7... when Cole goes to high school, Tate will be in first grade..." so on and so on. I do it often... What I have been trying to do is live in the moment. Enjoy the time we are in. Not be sad about the future and not miss the past. This transition is proving to me that I am ok with where we are going and not going to dwell in where we have been. I am ready to see what my crazy 5 year old has in store for himself. I am ready to enjoy our summer filled with pool days, swim team practices, swinging bats, and all of the sweet compliments he gives me just to get his way. His sweet darling, pretty mama, best friend is ready to watch this boy do great things..






So all you Mama's out there who are with me, give yourself a pat on the back. There is no reason we can't admit that we are ready to move past the days of preschool and keep life going. It is ok if we look at pictures of the past and smile at who we were back then, but it is even healthier to smile at our future and love where we are at and where we are going!



No comments:

Post a Comment